Friday, August 7, 2009
Posted by: US
Time: 10:01 PM
Comments: 0
My Dedication To the C Division 2009
(As usual, I'm unable to upload any photos to videos.)

Hey babes, this is going to be a long post ahead.
It's the expression of my deepest appreciation to you guys.

A strike off the title of "Defending Champions".
A step away from what we've been dreaming for.
It was so close but it slipped off.

It is painful, it is wasted, yes yes yes it is.
BUT, right now, no matter with victory or a fall, you girls went through it together.

The game of basketball is not just about winning.
Even if you're guaranteed all the good players in the world, to win, it takes more than that.
Every team has it's own flaws and strengths.

In USSBBG, we all started out as strangers.
It is always a mixture of girls from different schools.
Some with basketball background while some with none.

I asked the Secondary Ones this year, "Did you join Unity Basketball Team out of fame or passion?".
Some owned up it was fame and I really appreciate the honesty.
The courage is admirable.

Your journey started off rough and everyone was at the brink of giving up on this team.
You were given two big blows to deal with.
Such a young team and some with no experience of how it's like.
I wanted to ask, "Who ever regretted joining this team?".

After training on one of the days, I held the Sec Ones back for a talk.

"Who ever thought of quitting or giving up on this team?", all hands raised.

"Who is sick and tired of what's happening and feels that training is such a drag?", all hands raised.

"Now, who thinks that this team still has hope?", all hands raised.

"Who still loves this team?", all hands raised.

What does that show girls?
Despite all these nonsense you have to deal with, the love in each and everyone is still stronger.
Right after that talk, we all had a date out to Pizza Hut the following night.
That was a session to clarify all the misunderstandings and a session to bond.

We had a meal and did some 'ice-breaking' games.
After dinner, we proceeded to CCK Park.
Many confessions were made and I was glad to see everyone opening up.

On another training day, I held the Secondary Twos back.
We talked till the door auntie had to chase us away.
Tears were shed and some told me that they felt as if they'd failed the team.
I knew it was hard for you girls to be given such challenges but you chose not to give up.

For the start of this year, it was CCA selection day.
I admit that because of some bad first impressions, I judged some of you girls.
However, you girls proved me wrong and I love you girls just as much.

The journey you girls had was tough.
Eventually, you girls made it and made it together as a whole, a team.

Through this journey with you girls, I learnt a lot.
You were able to understand, compromise and love each other.
That's why you're different.

Though you didn't achieve what we all aimed for, it's fine girls.
We've made a deal on 6th August 2009, I want to see you girls in the finals.

The spirit you girls displayed was amazing.
Even though some didn't get the chance to get on court, you still cheered nonstop for the team.
That scene melted my heart.
The legendary USSBBG with the eagle's spirit.

Great game girls, great game. (:
If getting second can exchange such bonds with each other, it's worth it.

Thanks for believing in this team and never giving it up.
I can nag at you girls, remind you girls, bring you girls together but never can I force you girls to love each other genuinely.
It's never possible without the part from each and everyone of you.

You have fulfilled one of my dream.
The journey doesn't end here, you still got to get that gold for Jiao Lian/teachers/friends/families/eachother/me and lastly, yourself.

It's my graduating year and I hate to leave.
Thanks for making it a successful one.

I'll never forget...
how you girls put in so much effort to win.
how each of you were encouraging each other.
preparing glucose drinks for you girls.
praying together.
helping each other up.
singing "Zao An Ni Hao" in the bus to the teachers.
shedding tears together.
hugging each other.
forgiving one another.
screamed your lungs out on the game.
grabbing each opportunity that approaches you.
how you girls attacked me and threw me into the air.
attacked and threw each other into the air too.
took retarded photos together.
laughed like mad together.
enjoyed the kfc meal together.
cried together.
wished together.
singing together on the bus.
singing off tune together on the bus.
prepared retarded performance for the seniors.
.
.
.
there's so much more to list every single thing out.

Lastly, I love you all very much.

I'll miss yall.

ALL THE BEST GIRLS! Train hard for upcoming Cups and next year's season!
I'll be there watching.

XIEHE JIAYOU! (:

Love, Xiaofei.

For Passion,
For LIfe,
For TEAM UNITY.

ANNOUNCEMENT
Events coming up:
MILO Cup
TNET Cup
Team Chalet
More Information @ ETC

Email: USSBBG
Page Views
Page Views
Layout: Indie Devotee
Base Codes: Victoria
Designer: Xaveria

We're on Facebook: TEAM USSBBG

Music player